On this day last year, Free Speech For People, with RootsAction, launched the campaign, Impeach Donald Trump Now, calling for an impeachment investigation to be launched by Congress into the violations of the Domestic and Foreign Emoluments Clause of the U.S. Constitution by Donald Trump. Since the launch of the campaign, we have expanded the grounds for impeachment to include obstruction of justice and other abuses of power. Together, we have achieved the following milestones in this campaign throughout the past year:
- 3 million people across the country have signed on in support of launching an impeachment investigation of President Trump;
- 17 cities and towns have passed local impeachment resolutions calling for an impeachment investigation;
- 8 legal grounds of impeachment were identified in our white paper, “The Legal Case for a Congressional Investigation on Whether to Impeach President Donald J. Trump”;
- 2 votes have been called in Congress for Articles of Impeachment, led by Congressman Al Green; and
- 58 Members of Congress voted on December 6, 2017 in favor of impeachment proceedings against President Trump; in the second vote on January 19, 2018, 66 Members of Congress voted in favor of impeachment proceedings.
We look forward to continuing to build and expand this campaign with you in 2018.
Join Us! To get involved in the campaign to Impeach Donald Trump Now, click here.
Take Action! To pass an impeachment resolution in your city, click here.