No Taxpayer Money for Corporate Campaigns Act of 2010 (Introduced in House)
HR 4550 IH
January 27, 2010
Ms. TSONGAS introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, and in addition to the Committee on House Administration, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the `No Taxpayer Money for Corporate Campaigns Act of 2010′.
SEC. 2. PROHIBITION ON THE USE OF FEDERAL FUNDS FOR CAMPAIGN AND LOBBYING ACTIVITIES.
- With respect to Federal funds received by an entity, other than a natural person, it shall be unlawful for such entity to–
- (1) use such funds to advocate the election or defeat of a political candidate;
- (2) use such funds to engage in any lobbying activity; or
- (3) donate such funds to any entity that advocates for the election or defeat of a political candidate or engages in lobbying activities.